Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Virtual Community Outreach volunteer
Project Description: Mumbai First is a not for profit think tank that plays a catalytic role in influencing policy by through research, advocacy and networking. Since schools continue to remain shut owing to the extended lockdown, there has been a long break in learning journeys of students. At this juncture, it is imperative to understand the on-ground situation of the impacted communities, especially the children in MCGM schools, to innovate ways to make education accessible for them during and post the pandemic.
We require volunteers to help us in the data collection phase.
Purpose: Right to Education for all.
- Outreach and communication (including dissemination of relevant information and follow ups) with the families of children in BMC schools and the surrounding communities, to understand their experience and challenges (based on pre-communicated guidelines)
- Data collection – from individual wards, through secondary and primary sources
- Coordination with the Mumbai First team with regular updates on project communication status.
- Documentation of allotted work on Google Drive
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of English, Marathi, and Hindi (Reading and spoken)
- Competent interpersonal communication skills, especially with regards to sensitivity to the backgrounds of less privileged communities and their lives
- Competent skills in MS- Excel, Word, and google docs.
Time Commitment: minimum of 3 weeks starting immediately.
. (Could extend beyond the mentioned time frame)
Mumbai First is a not-for-profit think tank with a vision ‘To transform the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) into a world class province to live, work and visit.’ It was set up 25 years ago as a public private partnership. The Tatas, Mahindras, Godrej, ICICI, Asian Paints and HDFC are few of the patrons of this organization. Mumbai First brings on board various stakeholders including ordinary citizens and experts to synergise their efforts towards ensuring maximum advancement.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: