Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:18+
- Ability to proofread content for curriculum in textbooks
- An eye for detail and grammatical errors
- Make the necessary changes as and when required
- Be able to edit the text in a concise manner
- Add valuable contributions to the text when seen necessary
Volunteers will help in building and reviewing curriculum for NGOs working on education
Impact: This volunteering opportunity will involve your skills in benefitting several government school children across Karnataka. It will also help teachers become more familiar with the language and gain expertise in teaching.
Time Commitment: Ongoing engagement, can also be a one-time edit for a specific text.
EXPECTED LEARNING FOR THE VOLUNTEER
1) Sharpening of skills within a resource crunched context
2) Exposure to a diverse community and problems
3) Ability to empathize better
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Swasti was envisioned as an organization to transform the lives of the marginalized communities by ensuring their access to quality healthcare.
In 2002, Catalyst Management Services (CMS) set up a not-for-profit organization, Catalyst Development Initiatives (CDI), to incubate ideas in development. Swasti was one such idea. Over the next two years, CDI provided an institutional framework and guidance to grow Swasti until it could operate independently. Swasti was registered as a not-for-profit society on 15 May 2004.
Over the years, our work has fuelled impact by promoting healthcare access thereby contributing to poverty alleviation. We have supported governments, donors, and development partners to design solutions in public health.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: