Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:18+
RBL-Woodblock printing on the cotton bags with the Women - 2020
- The activity will begin with an orientation and registration of the volunteers.
- Followed by interaction with the beneficiaries and to take a tour of the organization to know more about the organization, beneficiaries, and their work.
- The community women made cotton bags for their livelihood at SSMI.
- Volunteers will be divided into different groups with women beneficiaries.
- Volunteers need to print cotton bags by using wooden blocks with different colors.
- To promote gender equality and the empowerment of women as effective ways to combat poverty, hunger and disease and to stimulate development that is truly sustainable.
- To promote the 3Rs - Reduce, Reuse & Recycle for Sustainable development by encouraging to use of cotton bags instead of plastic bags.
Founded in 1964 by Mrs. K. Varalakshmi Rao, SSMI is a secular, independent, non-profit society registered under the Societies Act 1860 (Regd. No S 2499/1964). SSMI is not affiliated with any national or international organization. Registered as the Swami Sivananda Institute of Fine Arts and Crafts, SSMI is managed by a Trust Board and an Executive Committee.
Empowerment of women is the essence of all the activities of SSMI. An important focus area is generating income for women through production and marketing and not just training. SSMI has launched a brand “SUBHA – a new dawn for women” to provide a marketing outlet to women from the underprivileged families.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: