A brave, frank, clean-hearted, courageous and aspiring youth is the only foundation on which the future nation can be built. – Swami Vivekananda What would be the first thought that comes to your mind when I say a beach? The calmness of the cool breeze, the mystical sound of the waves, reviving childhood memories by… Continue reading How iVolunteer celebrated National Youth Day 2020
iVolunteer, as a thought leader for volunteering in India, is committed to deepening the understanding of volunteering and leveraging it to create an enabling environment for volunteers and organisations engaging them. Its work towards this is broadly categorised under 3 pillars:
- Publish research and studies conducted by itself and in partnership with other entities;
- Undertake capacity building initiatives including trainings, workshops and roundtable discussions for NGOs, businesses, industry associations, government bodies, academic institutes, volunteer leaders and relevant organisations.
- Curate knowledge and resources available through partnerships and on public platforms for reference by practitioners of volunteering
This section will enlist such resources.
Research Reports by iVolunteer:
- Volunteering in India - A snapshot of practices, attitudes, and trends (2017);
- Corporate Volunteering in India - Emerging models, factors, and practice (2019);
- Report on iVolunteer Corporate Rountables on Employee Volunteering (2020); read more about iVolunteer Corporate Round Table (CRT) here
“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”– Oscar Wilde Across the world, 5th December is observed as the International Volunteer Day, which offers an opportunity for volunteer-involving organizations and individual volunteers to promote volunteerism at local, national and international level. International Volunteer Day is a chance for individual volunteers, communities… Continue reading INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER DAY!
Communications Team | Dec 03, 2019 | 3 Min. Read A head full of dreams has no space for fears! Indians always been known as hard workers and people with never- say -die attitude. This International Day of Disabled People, iVolunteer salutes some of the exceptional achievers and is happy to share their stories. These… Continue reading Disability Is A Matter Of Perception | These 5 Indians Will Tell You Why!
When one thinks of giving back to their community, or to a social cause, the first thought is that of giving in kind or in currency. Time is usually not so quickly thought of as an option. However, its increasingly evident that if time is harnessed well, can do wonders to create a much more caring… Continue reading Rethinking Volunteering- from transactional to transformational