Resources on volunteering
Announcement: Free Volunteer Management System (VMS) account for partner NGOs to recruit new volunteers and manage existing ones. Partner and request for a demo NOW!
iVolunteer, as a thought leader for volunteering in India, is committed to deepening the understanding of volunteering and leveraging it to create an enabling environment for volunteers and organisations engaging them. Its work towards this is broadly categorised under 3 pillars:
- Publish research and studies conducted by itself and in partnership with other entities;
- Undertake capacity building initiatives including trainings, workshops and roundtable discussions for NGOs, businesses, industry associations, government bodies, academic institutes, volunteer leaders and relevant organisations.
- Curate knowledge and resources available through partnerships and on public platforms for reference by practitioners of volunteering
Volunteer Management Tools
Volunteer Project Description template: Several parameters are used by different volunteer involving organisations to dscribe their volunteer needs. We recommend this template which picks the essentials that should be useful for almost any organisation or project to communicate project/task specific volunteer requirement.
- How to Create a Statement Of Philosophy on Volunteer Engagement - useful guide to setting up and preparing an organisation to engage volunteers in line with its mission.
- What motivates different people to volunteer? What will keep them happy, engaged and motivated? McClelland's Social Motivation Theory has some answers and useful tips for volunteer leaders.
- Elements of Volunteer Program Management - comprehensive list of everything you need to keep in mind when designing a volunteering program.
- For a non-profit wanting to engage High-Skilled Volunteers, do check this resource: Factors affecting engagement of Skill Based Volunteers in a nonprofit
- Organisations - corporate or non-profit - developing Pro Bono programs fo engage high skilled volunteers should refer to these 8 Models of Pro Bono Service by Taproot Foundation.
- iVolunteer's approach to institutionalise volunteering. Our 4E model transforms individuals through a curated journey of Exposure, Experience, Engagement and Evangelise (4Es) and prepares employee volunteers to engage in periodic, regular and skills based volunteering.
Publications by iVolunteer:
- Volunteering in India - A snapshot of practices, attitudes, and trends (2017);
- Corporate Volunteering in India - Emerging models, factors, and practice (2019);
- Report on iVolunteer Corporate Rountables on Employee Volunteering (2020); read more about iVolunteer Corporate Round Table (CRT)
- Talking Volunteerism - A qualitative study by Pravah, iVolunteer and Patang (2003-4) (Supported by The Youth & Civil Society Initiative of Sir Ratan Tata Trust)
- Volunteer guide for creating and recording Audio Stories - Please email admin@iVolunteer.in for access
- 2020 Asia Pacific Pro Bono - comprehensive report on the Summit co-hosted by Pyxera Global & iVolunteer can be Downloaded here
National, Regional and Global reports and publications on volunteering
The Thread That Binds - Volunteerism and Community Resilience. 2018 State of the World’s Volunteerism Report by United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Templates & other resources for Shared Use by volunteers and non-profits
(Important: Please read the Disclaimer note at the end of this page before using these resources)
Listed here are common resources for use by volunteers, NGOs, citizen groups and communities. While these are free and open for any non-commercial usage, please do acknowledge our volunteers and iVolunteer for making these available. We recommend using the below statement on your website, newsletter, emailer or social media when sharing the resource.
Statement of acknowledgement: <Name of the resource> is provided with support from iVolunteer.in and contributed by <name of the original contributor to iVolunteer where applicable>. For more resources, see: www.iVolunteer.in/resources
Annual Report Templates
Child Protection Policy
Many social initiatives involve workig with children. The Child Protection Policy of Dream A Dream, one of India's leading organisations working with children may be a useful reference for those working with chlidren. Our gratitude to: Dream A Dream
- Resources for NGOs during the COVID-19 Epidemic, by Dr. Nachiket Mor, PhD
- Resources for Primary Care Providers to meet patient needs during the COVID-19 epidemic, by Dr Nachiket Mor, PhD
Audio Stories for children - Folk stories in multiple Indian lanugages and dialects, contributed by volunteers
English Stories: on Google Podcast, Spotify or Anchor
हिंदी कहानियां सुनें : Google Podcast, Spotify या Anchor पर
Children's playlist on iVolunteer YouTube channel
Disclaimer: The resources listed in this section include those available in public domain, or, shared by volunteers and non-profits. While we do the basic screening, we depend upon the contributors sharing these resources. Users should use their own descretion while referring to these resources. Users also indemnify iVolunteer from any trademark, copyright, intellectual propoerty, other responsibility and / or damages arising due to these resources.