Resources on volunteering
iVolunteer, as a thought leader for volunteering in India, is committed to deepening the understanding of volunteering and leveraging it to create an enabling environment for volunteers and organisations engaging them. Its work towards this is broadly categorised under 3 pillars:
- Publish research and studies conducted by itself and in partnership with other entities;
- Undertake capacity building initiatives including trainings, workshops and roundtable discussions for NGOs, businesses, industry associations, government bodies, academic institutes, volunteer leaders and relevant organisations.
- Curate knowledge and resources available through partnerships and on public platforms for reference by practitioners of volunteering
Publications by iVolunteer:
- Volunteering in India - A snapshot of practices, attitudes, and trends (2017);
- Corporate Volunteering in India - Emerging models, factors, and practice (2019);
- Report on iVolunteer Corporate Rountables on Employee Volunteering (2020); read more about iVolunteer Corporate Round Table (CRT)
- Volunteer guide for creating and recording Audio Stories
- Resources for NGOs during the COVID-19 Epidemic, by Dr. Nachiket Mor, PhD
- Resources for Primary Care Providers to meet patient needs during the COVID-19 epidemic, by Dr Nachiket Mor, PhD
Templates & other resources for Shared Use by volunteers and non-profits
(Important: Please read the Disclaimer note at the end of this page before using these resources)
Sharing is Caring
Listed here are common templates for use by volunteers and NGOs. While these are free and open for any non-commercial usage, please do acknowledge our volunteers and us for making these available. Suggested acknowledgement: Link from your website and communication mediums (newsletter, social media); mention iVolunteer and template name in the printed or digital output based upon these.
Child Protection Policy - Many social initiatives involve workig with children. The Child Protection Policy of Dream A Dream, one of India's leading organisations working with children may be a useful reference for those working with chlidren. Our gratitude to: Dream A Dream
Audio Stories: Mythological stories recorded as audio stories by volunteers
- Shyamachi Aai - Alani Bhaji - submitted by volunteer - Kiran Londhe
- Shyamachi Aai - Swavlambachi Shikvan - submitted by volunteer - Kiran Londhe
- वाईट हत्ति आणि चिमणी - submitted by volunteer - Kiran Londhe
- Pig & Wolf - submitted by volunteer - Kiran Londhe
- More audio stories on our children's playlist on our YouTube channel
Stories for children
If you are NGO that works with children and are looking for ways to engage them while also helping familiarise them with English, do listen to some amazing fun and engaging stories by Janaki Sabesh, story teller from Chennai. Janaki has volunteered to share these stories on her You Tiube channel . You could subscribe to the same and share them with the kids you work withIf you are NGO that works with children and are looking for ways to engage them while also helping familiarise them with English, do listen to some amazing fun and engaging stories by Janaki Sabesh, story teller from Chennai. Janaki has volunteered to share these stories on our YouTube channel. You could subscribe to the same and share them with the kids you work with.
Disclaimer: The resources listed in this section include those available in public domain, or, shared by volunteers and non-profits. While we do the basic screening, we depend upon the contributors sharing these resources. Users should use their own descretion while referring to these resources. Users also indemnify iVolunteer from any trademark, copyright, intellectual propoerty, other responsibility and / or damages arising due to these resources.