Corporate Volunteering Programs
Announcement: iVolunteer is co-hosting the 2020 Asia Pacific Pro Bono Summit - click here for more information
Corporate Employee Volunteering is about businesses encouraging and supporting their employees’ involvement with the community – for mutual benefit. iVolunteer aligns employee volunteering interests to community needs and corporate goals to achieve maximum impact.
Key principles for iVolunteer Services:
- Individual choice; employer supported
- Twin objectives – employee engagement & community impact
- Recognition & accountability
iVolunteer helps corporates strategise and execute a volunteering programme by engaging on:
- Policy (as advisors)
- Execution (as partners)
- Rewards & Recognition (third party certification)
iVolunteer believes engaging people is key to widespread adoption of CSR into the corporate DNA and works to embed and enlarge the scope of people engagement with volunteering as a starting point.
Corporate Round Table
How can corporates get more employees to volunteer? What are some of the reasons for their not being able to achieve the optimal? iVolunteer's Corporate Round Table (iVCRT) discussions over the past year across Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Mumbai and Bangalore led to some really interesting sharing of experiences around employee volunteering. The following questions were raised and some very helpful insights drawn
- What makes it harder for employees to sign up for volunteering?
- What creates poor volunteer engagement?
- What results in poor volunteer retention?
Read the full report here
To build the policy and practice of corporate volunteering in India, iVolunteer continually invests in intiitatives for focused trainings, learning platforms and policy development. Some of the intiatives in the recent past have been:
- Hosted the Global Pro Bono Summit 2018 in Mumbai - previous Summits were held in New York, San Francisco, Berlin & Singapore while the 2019 Summit circled back to New york
- Global Summit on Corporate Volunteering 2019 - Hosted alongwith the Points of Light Foundation's global affiliates gathering in 2019. Checkout the complete agenda here
- High Impact Corporate Volunteering Design Workshop in 2019 with in partnership with Asociacion Trabajo Voluntario and Osmia led by Master trainer and social entrepreneur Jaime Ulloa, Founder & Executive President - Asociación Trabajo Voluntario, Peru