Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
DHAN GYAN- Financial Literacy
About Dhan Gyan: We believe financial literacy is an important life skill for the holistic development of each student. NCFE's National Financial Literacy Assessment Test (NCFE-NFLAT) is a step in that direction. This is a first of its kind national level test, conducted by the National Centre for Financial Education (NCFE), to measure the level of financial literacy among school students. Through this test NCFE aims to encourage school students to obtain basic financial skills which are essential for their full participation in society. Targeted towards school students of Class VIII to X, NCFE-NFLAT would assess their knowledge on topics such as Money, Savings, Banking, Budgeting, Insurance, Investment, Retirement planning, etc. The test is conducted online across the country, both in English and Hindi.
The course covers the following areas:
- SMART Financial Goals: This chapter discusses how to set and achieve financial goals in life
- Budgeting: This chapter discusses how to properly plan income and expenditures to achieve financial goals
- Insurance: This chapter discusses what is an insurance, need of an insurance, various types of insurances, and how to select an insurance
- Investments: This chapter discusses how to grow your money, importance of investment, basic concepts of inflation, time value of money, simple interest and compound interest
- Banking: This chapter discusses the basics of banking, ATM, Cheque book, Demand Draft, different types of bank account, and how to open a bank account
- Borrowing: This chapter discusses what is a loan, different features of a loan, good loan vs. bad loan, and things one need to know before taking a loan
- Stock Market: This chapter discusses basics of stocks, bonds, debentures, how stock market works, important terms related to stocks and stock markets, and things to know before investing in stock market
- Investment Options: This chapter discusses about what is Mutual Fund and how it works, different types of mutual fund, how to invest in a mutual fund, things to know while investing in mutual fund
- Retirement: This chapter discusses about retirement planning, and how to achieve a financially worry free retirement life
You can Volunteer to teach either one or more than the above topics.
Apply to volunteer for this opportunity
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: