Age Minimum (with Adult): 6+, Minimum Age:6+
Tell a Story-Sushrusha
Serves Age Group: 3-8 standard
Once upon a time there was a child named Renu who loved listening tostories. Sadly, she had finished all the stories from her story book and because of the lockdown she could not get another story book. Would you like to help Renu and all the many children out there who love stories by telling your stories or reciting classic stories to them?
Then come join our campaign “Tell a Story.” It is iVolunteer’s largest virtual volunteering opportunity. Reaching out to everyone who has a smart phone in India and can speak any Indian Language to bring a smile to a child's face.
To create a story bank for children of the age group of 4 to 10 years in different Indian languages.
What are we going to do with these stories?
iVolunteer has connected to many NGOs around India who work with children. We will share these audio stories with them so that they can play it for the children they work with. We would appreciate it if the content was in vernacular language due to the dearth of content out there. Languages could be Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Gujrati, Konkani etc.
What needs to be done? (An instruction manual with further instructions will be sent to you when you register.)
1. Use a simple voice recorder. Please refer to the instructions manual to learn more
2. If you are writing your own stories. Please refer to the instructions manual
3. We would really appreciate vernacular language stories
4. The stories should be short keeping in mind children’s attention span
5. Once you have recorded the story you can send us the audio file on
6. Please send the file in mp3 or m4a format. Please refer to the instructions manual.
Things to remember:
1. Keep in mind the age group of the children while picking the story
2. Keep it simple and lite
3. Refrain using vulgar words
4. Lastly, Have Fun!
Who can participate?
Anyone who loves reading and would like to share their skill with children who are eager to listen to stories.
Apply to volunteer for this opportunity
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: